Kansas PTA Membership Awards
Use the Dues Remittance form to indicate the awards your PTA has attained.
All forms are due in the state PTA office no later than March 1st.
General Membership Awards
Early Bird Award – Initial membership dues submitted by October 1
Meadowlark Award – Early Birds who submit an additional 25 members by January 15
Golden Apple Award – Units with 100% membership of full-time certified staff
- One Voice for Every Child Award – Membership total is equal to or greater than the number of students enrolled in the school
- Challenge Award – Units with 5% membership increase over the previous year’s membership total
- Making a Difference Award – Units with at least 15% member increase over the previous year’s membership total.
- Kansas Honor Roll – Units with membership equal to or greater than 60% of their enrollment
- Community Outreach Award – Units with at least 10 non-traditional members
Special Membership Awards (Determined by the Membership Committee)
- Council Achievement Award – Councils that have each of their units in Good Standing, officer names submitted to the state office, dues submitted and receive one (1) or more general membership awards.
- Tomorrow’s Leaders Today Award – Awarded to the one PTSA unit with the highest percentage of student memberships. The unit must have a minimum of twenty (20) student members.
- Leaders of the Future Award – Awarded to the one PTSA unit with the highest number of student memberships.
- Male Involvement Award – Awarded to the one (1) PTA/PTSA unit with the highest percentage of male memberships. The unit must have a minimum of twenty (20) male members.
- Male Engagement Award – Awarded to the one (1) PTA/PTSA unit with the highest number of male memberships.
- President’s Challenge Award – Units with at least 25% member increase over the previous year’s membership total.
- Gold Award – Awarded to the one (1) unit with the greatest increase in membership numbers.
- Silver Award – Awarded to the one (1) unit with the greatest percentage increase in membership.
Thriving Unit Awards
Masters in PTA Award –
- Units that have submitted their Incoming Officer Form to the Kansas PTA office;
- Filed their 990 with the IRS and sent a copy to the Kansas PTA office;
- Have been represented at a Regional PTA training (if available) and a State PTA training; and
- Completed audit information sent into the Kansas PTA office.
PhD in PTA Award –
- Units that have achieved the Masters in PTA Award and have also been represented at a National PTA training.